https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Stills - Frame It

For this next challenge I want you to take a photo that is “framed” by something. For example you might use some tree branches to frame the moon or a window to frame a child.



I was hoping for a better chicken wire frame, but this was as good as I could get. Interesting exercise. This is one of my favorite, very old, chickens. The Magoo Chicken.



No one moved into my favorite birdhouse this spring. I'll probably take it apart this winter and clean it out and see if I can get it back up to code for next year.



Was trying to frame up my corn and caught this fly instead. Nice corn bokeh.



Haven't shown much of the garden lately. Remember the big rain storms that tried to wash it all away? Well, to combat that I put down a bunch of straw. With the seed heads still in it. Yeah. I keep telling myself that it's a "cover crop", not full of weeds. Sigh. At least the dirt won't wash out now...and there's always next year. It's producing well, so I'm happy.



Some Tour de Fleece spinning, through my favorite spinning chair. It's completely covered in paint speckles and I love it.



Handy and T-Bone, through the spinning wheel. They tend to graze side by side.



The good "brothers" again, through the trees off the back porch. T-Bone's staying sound, so I put him back to work last week. Hopefully we'll have them hooked as a pair by the end of the month. Finally.

Happy Fourth everyone!

For more framed up Sunday Stills...

15 comments:

Jody said...

What a lovely homestead you have. Thru your photos I can imagine myself there.....sigh....:-)

Alice said...

What an interesting assortment of frames you chose! There are so many things to be seen framed on your farm ( and I 'm not even wearing my Foster Grants ;-)! I especially like the shot done through your spinning chair......tres bon!

Tammy Vasa said...

The birdhouse is great!

Anonymous said...

What lovely images and creative use of framing. My favorite of the moment is the chicken. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Very nice selection, but my fav is the birdhouse. :)

colleen said...

Great shots all of them.

Ed said...

Fantastic shots...:-))

bj from LaColline said...

That's it! Cover Crop, that's the phrase I was looking for. Thank you.
Lovely idea, framed subjects, and yet still photos of opportunity. My favourite is the fly in front of the corn bokeh.
==Happy 4th==

Shirley said...

Love the birdhouse and the spinning but they are all good!

Brenda said...

you did a fantastic job on all the shots. I love the spinning wheel photos.

Linda said...

You did great...I love the spinning wheel.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I really like the bird house. You were good in getting the fly too.

Regular Guy said...

Hard to pick a favorite out of these. I do like the shot through the wheel and the birdhouse is really nice too. Great job.

Michelle said...

YAY FOR SOUND HORSES!!! After riding Russell on trails at Cowboy Campmeeting, he's going back to work now that we're home.

WildBlack said...

Well framed shots buddy! :D
I just love the birdhouse shot! That was just Perfect.
Sorry for not keeping in touch! Very lazy these days ..and honestly no time to blog! :( Hope you are doing great! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin