https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sunday Stills - Your Cameras And Gear

So we have seen the pics, now lets see the camera and gear that gets all those great pics. Bonus points if you have any classic old cameras, add those in for a bit of fun too... :-).




My dad has some nice old cameras, but I think I'm addicted to the instant gratification of digital. This is the big girl camera. That I'd have probably never bought myself. Thank you Saint Tim for pushing me past my self-imposed limits. I'm having a blast!



He also trusts me to take good care of everything...and not lose it - aka "I put it somewhere safe and now I can't remember where that place is..." I looked for 3 days. He found it in 90 seconds. Right where I left it...



My favorite lens (18-200mm). Seldom ever off the camera.



When I decided I was ready to move into a DSLR, I asked my friend Mary Beth, a wonderful photographer, for help. She showed me her cameras and lenses, told me a couple stories I'll never forget, took me down to our local camera shop and hooked me up with a knowledgeable salesman.

She also gave me several "basic" tips. One being no matter how securely you think you are holding your camera, always at least have your strap looped around your wrist. I think about that every time I pick up a camera.



This was the camera she helped me pick out. My first big girl camera, the D40x. I was hooked. I took that camera everywhere and it always made me look good. I still reach for it when I'm looking for something light weight and small.



The button we all love to push.



The D300s is heavy, but it's fast and fun. It doesn't have any preset functions like the D40, but that is a good thing. I learn something new every time I pick it up. It also has a video function that I really enjoy. While not the quality of a dedicated video camera, life happens fast. If you have to run to the house for the video camera...



Good cameras make me smile. Do you see the happy face?

:-)

For more Sunday Stills...

14 comments:

Christine said...

Only you would notice that smile. :)

My favorite lens as well. In fact I just sold another zoom lens I had because I never used it anymore once I got the 18-200.

Alice said...

"Kodachrome... makes you think all the world's a summer day. ... I got a Nikon camera. I love to take photographs...."
Paul Simon would love today's read. :-)

Ed said...

Excellent choices in cameras, now ya just need a good tele lens..:-))
nudge,nudge to saint tim..

Teresa said...

I love my Nikon SLR D3100! My old film cameras were all Nikon, so going digital, I knew it would be Nikon.

Lori Skoog said...

I envy you and am not there yet. My 2 cameras are pretty basic..no extra lenses.

Anonymous said...

Very nice camera. :)

Brenda said...

that was great to have a friend go with you. I'm ready for my next camera and deciding between a Nikon D 90 (but it may be too expensive) or the Canon T2, for the higher megapixels. thoughts?

thecrazysheeplady said...

You can't go wrong with the D90, but definitely get the video feature. The price will only hurt you one time. If you go cheaper, it may hurt every time you use it, wishing you had the other... Don't know anything about the T2, but Canons are good cameras. So, do your research until you are comfortable with whatever you decide to do.

Linda said...

Oooooooooh, nice! NIcely done too!

Regular Guy said...

Great shots, nice bright red smile ;-)

flowerweaver said...

I see the smile! Great camera and shots of it!

Shirley said...

Very nice!

WildBlack said...

Great choices in cameras, and well clicked pics too :D

You are right! good cameras make me smile too!;) I think that's the first thing about being a passionate photographer.

aurora said...

Great post, camera's and shots!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin