https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Lamb Camp At The Fiber Festival!!!

The University of Kentucky brought some cute, cute lil lambies to the festival.  And we were afraid Lamb Camp was over for the year ;-).


Teefers!


Sweet little heart shaped noses and look at that elegant momma, so proud.


 "Yeah, I know I'm her favorite."

"Whatever.  She told me I was her favorite."


"Why do I always have to go to sheep parties?"

Because, B. Willard, you are a nice boy and everyone loves to see you and run their fingers through your beautiful curls.

"O-kay...but the better bring me some cookies!"


"I LOVE sheep parties!!!"

20 single-handedly held off the forecasted rain for all but two super short showers all day.  Never underestimate the power of a stylin' sheep wearing bright yellow galoshes!


"I didn't have to come to the sheep party until this morning, but the nice folks across the way from us (Tailfeathers Farms) saw five mugshots hanging up last night and only four sheep and thought I was here and I'd escaped.  I sure wish I'd have escaped because this is a pretty crazy place to be and my mom keeps talking to lots of other people besides me and I'm sure that I'm missing all sorts of fun activities at home cause me and Blossom and Hank like to go on adventures all day and I'm sure Betsy missed me and I don't care if my mom says she'd have missed me today if I'd stayed home, I'm staying home tomorrow, so there!"

Maisie had a meltdown in the car on the way home this evening.  She really didn't seem to mind being at the festival all day and seemed to enjoy talking to everyone and letting them pet her, but whew, little kid too tired and hungry and thirsty (even though she had food and water all day, but it wasn't the green grass she was used to... ;-) meltdown on the way home.  I think she's going to get to stay home tomorrow.  Even though I am going to miss her :-/.

We got super lucky on the weather today and I think tomorrow might be more of the same.  A great group of folks coming through the booth today.  I'm always so humbled by how many people know our sheep by name ("Hey Keebs!" :-D) and come looking for us year after year.  It really means a lot.

P. S. If you left a bag of really pretty roving on one of our chairs today, stop by if you are going to be at the festival tomorrow or shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. 

21 comments:

Andee said...

Oh I'm glad the weather held out for you. I wish I lived closer and could come to the festival and meet your sheep in person.

Lori Skoog said...

I need pictures of your booth and the setup for the sheep...please.

Tombstone Livestock said...

I agree with Lori, more booth pictures. I see you took calendars as well as wool. Love the outfit 20 is wearing, there was a 20 size lamb on ebay this morning, not there tonight. Have fun tomorrow, hope Maisie is feeling better. Have fun tomorrow.

thecrazysheeplady said...

This post was for the "lambs" :-). Not to worry, I took some booth pics too.

melanie said...

Maybe I don't want to know all the dirty details, but exactly how does a sheep have a "meltdown"??
All I can picture is the kid kind, with lots of crying, tears, snot, and yelling.....

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yeah, that'd be about it but without the snot haha. She just yelled and yelled and I couldn't do anything to console her so just tried to get her home as quickly as I could. I don't want any of my sheep that upset or stressed. She was fine once she got home and was sitting next to Hank when I did a final barn check last night :-).

Tyche's Minder said...

Well it's just as well we couldn't make it this year. I'd have come home with an extra lamb or two. But, next year I'm coming and I get to see B.Willard.

Michelle said...

Maybe Maisie was trying to tell you that she had left her bag of roving in the booth! After all that work to distract its buyer so she could keep it, she didn't want it left at the festival!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Folks, we have a winner! :-D

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

20! You are So Fine! Love the boots!
B Willard, everyone loves you. If you weren't there, your public would really miss you.
Maisie, it's ok. It's an important job, meeting the public, being an Ambassador. I bet you did really good for your first day. It can all be quiet overwhelming.

Wish I weren't so far away!

Terry said...

Oh Maisie, darling, you'd better come live with me!!!

Our Estes Park "Wool Market" is June 8-9. Can't wait. I'm hoping to meet some sheep up close and personal.

Unknown said...

Poor little Maisie!. Used to her lush green grass back home. No wonder she had a meltdown. Who wouldn't?!:-)



Unknown said...

p.s. more booth pictures, yes!

Suzan said...

Adorable little lambs!! Poor Maisie! guess enough is enough of cuteness for her!

Michelle said...

So very glad that you had good weather!

Sheepmom said...

Poor Maisie. Maybe she was yelling because she didn't WANT to leave.... yeah, maybe. You should have done a mugshot of 20 also! Or Graham Lamb....oooh, you could have a great description on a mugshot of GL. So glad the weather cooperated and looking forward to seeing more booth pics.

RockPaperBeauty said...

Lovely photos! I didn't know sheep could get any cuter - but they have heart shaped noses! How adorable.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I loved the baby lamb photos! Such cute guys!
Poor Maisie..she must be a homebody or a homesheep:)

farmlady said...

Someone said, in a comment, that they would have come home with a lamb or two...
Well, I would have taken ALL the lambs and all of the fleece and probably "20" too... and the boots.
What fun this must have been. (I miss our goat gatherings at the fairgrounds.)
Love those lambs.

Spinners End Farm said...

That ewe does look elegant....the graceful curve to her neck gives it away. The lambs are cute too....they look like industrial sheep with those big ugly ear tags though! Puir wee things. I'm with everyone else...a booth picture post please!

Paula said...

Okay, 20's rain boots made me nearly fall out of my chair.
Thanks for the good laugh~ I needed it today! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin