https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, June 24, 2013

Garden Girls


I'm not the only one enjoying the lavender this summer.  A robin has staked a claim as well.


I've been watching her for the last several days and today it finally dawned on me she had a nest in the red bud at the corner of the garden.


And I'm assuming the babies are still very small as I couldn't see or hear them, but I heard plenty from momma!


Back and forth she goes, in and out, in and out...


Bad Betsy has noticed her as well :-(.  We keep her in the house as much as we can, but too much house time makes Betsy a Bad Betsy on other fronts, as we well remember!


Betsy's not the only one stalking robins around here.  Chicken No has apparently figured out the robins know where to find all the good worms.  It's a funny farm for sure.

Are you tired of lavender pictures? 

18 comments:

Tyche's Minder said...

Ok, the chicken following the robin is pretty funny.

Andee said...

Too funny. I love the going ons at your farm.

AdrieneJ said...

That chicken has got it all figured out. I should give them more credit for being so smart!

Charlotte Scott said...

I went back and read the story about Betsy. She sounds both mad and bad!

MarmePurl said...

I am spotting a very pretty garden patch behind Betsy.

Rae said...

Beautiful. I feel like I could step right into your photos.

thecrazysheeplady said...

That's the dye garden. I did take some pictures but fear I am flooding the blog with flowers and need to be getting a Tour de Fleece post up and blah blah blah... ;-)

Michelle said...

I could never tire of lavender photos. I like the photo of Betsy. What a beauty!

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

Lavender is just so wonderful. The chicken just cracks me up! And, photos of dye garden, when you have time (ha!there is never enough this time of year) would be great.

Unknown said...

That is very nice lavender garden. And no, not too may pictures of lavender (or flowers in general:-).

Sheepmom said...

All your garden pictures could be in a calendar. Bad Betsy! Stay away from those birds! Thecrazysheeplady doesn't need to raise a next of babies if you eat the momma.

Alice said...

I enjoy the photo composition as well as the content. Keep 'em coming! I need my daily dose of nature's humor, beauty, and entertainment through your artistic lens.

Pam said...

Your garden is seriously magazine-worthy. I think you secretly have a staff of 5 who help you behind the scenes and you have just kept them a secret. I think Chicken No just wants a friend. Who has food. :-)

Ed said...

Teamwork for sure..:-)
Great shots.

Willow said...

Well you know how I love funny farms !

ewespin said...

I see Mama and Papa robin in the first picture. They are hard workers. It takes both to keep those babies fed. We have two robin pairs in our yard near the house.

Terry said...

No! I'm not tired of lavender pictures at all. I have 1 plant, and it's about 4" tall. It's my test pilot to see if lavender will survive winter here. The tiny little guy is blooming, so even if it doesn't overwinter, I enjoyed it. Yours are magnificent.

Terry and Linda said...

Your yard is just lovely! The lavender beds very dramatic and elegant!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin