https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, July 7, 2014

And The Names Are...


Murphy and, in case you don't recognize the big lambie on the right...


Baaxter?  Is that you?!?


"Yep, that's me!"


Murphy


Woody


Woody, keeping Mr. Potato Head aka "Spud" warm.


"Yeah, that's a little better."


"I like to step on my brothers.  Actually walk on them.  With my little pointed feet.  I don't know why I do that, but I do.  Now I have to sit over here by myself."
 

I tried to call Murphy Sterling, but it just wasn't sticking even though he looks like an elder statesmen sort of sheep that would grow into that name.  This morning, when I was doctoring yet another freak and minor injury on him and I said, "Man, anything that can go wrong with you..." it hit me, Murphy ;-).


"Hey!  What the heck is going on over there!?!"

That's what we'd all like to know!  While nowhere near as brutally hot as some folks around the country have it, this has been an awfully hot summer. I'm miserable, the sheep are miserable...and I'm just going to shut up about it.

There's been minor Tour de Fleece spinning going on.  Had yet another scary "Baaxter is sick!" experience.  Of course on the weekend.  Of a holiday weekend.  He seems better now, but boy will I be happy when he's a little older and fully weaned.  All of his health issues have been eating related, whether eating too fast and aspirating milk, eating too much and getting a tummy ache...  Sadly, he probably fits right in here. 

Everyone doing okay?

21 comments:

Susan said...

Perfect names (as usual) - and what handsome sheep! I cannot believe that Baaxter is that big already. Do you feed him Super Milk? We have been having weather that's waaay to hot here, too. I had to break out the kiddie pool for my llama.

Lisa W said...

I can't even finish reading the entire post before commenting on Baaxter. He must have put on 50 pounds since I saw him (was that only 2.5 weeks ago!?) and has that teenager look already! Now back to read the rest ...

thecrazysheeplady said...

Probably pretty close to 50! That boy's a good eater :-o.

Suz said...

I had no idea that sheep grows so fast
He's adorable as are all your sheepies
Bless you Sara
..

Christine said...

I think I have a crush on Woody. What a cute face.

Tyche's Minder said...

Murphy! LOL.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Love the names ...... Think it's time to, start weaning Baxter if he is still having tummy problems.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Maybe it is the ba bas:) Love the new sheeps...cute names and I am certain Murphy will keep you on your toes:)

Susan said...

Just wonderful faces......Murphy sounds like it's perfect for him but they all are SO SWEET!!
That Baaxter...woof!

Sheepmom said...

That fourth picture with Murphy is a glamor shot! He looks so pretty there. I'm happy to see Baaxter buddied up to them. He's going to be as big as they are before you know it. I hope his upsets are behind him and it's all smooth sailing now.

Jane B. said...

Thank you for the individual pictures of "the brothers". Its great to see the face and character of each one of them. Woody is exceptionally beautiful -- but tell him I said "ruggedly handsome"!!

Alice said...

What handsome additions to your farm family!!! How did you come by these three young rams? Did Robin select them for you?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Robin selected several choices based on personality and fleece type. Then we narrowed it down to these three. All sweet lambs :-).

LannieK said...

Woody, Spud, Murphy and Baaxter - what great additions! They look like they will each be very different personalities. Are they really brothers? Beautiful wool there :-) Look forward to hearing all about their adventures. Hope Baaxter's tummy problems straighten out soon!

I need orange said...

Wow -- I was paying so much attention to the pics of the new brothers that I never noticed Baaxter was getting so chocolatey! I scrolled back, and sure enough, he's not been black for many posts.

I would never have recognized him, with his new brothers, unless I saw a full face pic with his "X marks the Baaxter"! He is definitely growing into a big boy.

How long do lambs usually nurse? I know he's not very old, but he does, as someone said above, have a "big kid" look to him (to my uneducated! eyes).

Michaele said...

I LOVE Murphy's markings!

Spinners End Farm said...

Baaxter is getting so big! Won't be long and he'll be off baa baas for good.

Keechy said...

Murphy has extra-soft, liquid eyes, I reckon. All the better to make it worth it to you to fix up his booboos. :)

Michelle said...

Murphy is a dreamboat. ;-)

Unknown said...

And, by the way, the name Murphy suits Murphy quite well. It feels like a natural and organic choice.

karen said...

love the roll call today, and they all look so pretty as if posing for their camera shot :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin