https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, June 29, 2015

I Know It's What They Are Supposed To Do

I tried to type out a full update on how weaning was going, but a. it's late and I'm beat and b. the more I typed the sadder I got.  I miss my little Liddy.  Actually, I miss growing up Liddy, too.  She has truly been an exceptional little lamb.  Okay, I'm going to shut up now and go make one last sneaky barn check and then go to bed.  

I camped out in the barn with her Saturday night and we had a big time.  Last night, around 3:00 a.m., she peed on my sleeping bag :-o.  I bailed.  I'm going to check to make sure she's okay (she will be I'm quite sure, but I feel better checking one. last. time.) and then sleep in the house tonight. By myself.  With no sweet sleepy little/big lamb to cuddle up with.... :'-(




Sweet Baba is doing a great job!



24 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Welcome home maaaammmmaaaaa!

Fiona said...

She is such a beautiful young sheep!

Marcy said...

It's so hard to let go of our babies, no matter how many legs they have! At least Liddy isn't going far away to college.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You probably missed her more than she missed you. Good thing you and the sleeping bag are washable...you know just the notion that a lambie peed on you would freak many people out:)

Wol 'n Draad said...

Well done both of you!!

Tyche's Minder said...

Awwwwww.

Unknown said...

She will always run to you for hugs and kisses. She will always be your baby girl!!

Sheepmom said...

You've done an exceptional job! And if you reeeeaaallly have empty nest syndrome I have this darling little one-eyed kitten...........

Cheryl West said...

She's growing up(and looking very healthy and wonderful) but she will always be one of your babies.

Susan said...

CHEERS, even though you are SAD. However the sleeping bag incident spurred you on :) Her fleece is wonderful but she hasn't yet had a chance to get into exciting stuff...like shotgun shells haha What do the others (Maisie) say?

Shirley said...

Every one of your house lambs have been special, and Liddy is no exception.

I need orange said...

Aw. Just because something is the way it needs to be doesn't mean it's not got its sad aspects.... Sending hugs.

Terry and Linda said...

You will always have her running to you for hugs and loves...always.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

sophy0075 said...

Elaine is absolutely right! And (St Tim permitting ;) ) you can always let her back in the house, or at least on the porch for a visit...

Marsha said...

Sweet but sad. Sad and sweet.
Sniff

Alice said...

Look how happy her ears are!!! Liddy proved you can have your grass and your Doritos too!!! She's got it all !!!

Tombstone Livestock said...

There was Blossom, and Massie, and now Liddy, I think they handle weaning better than you do Sara. Hang in there lambing season will come again next spring and there will be another little one that needs you as much as you need him or her.

Lisa Smith said...

It seems like Liddy's lambhood has gone by so fast -- in the blink of an eye! I think one of the hardest things to do is to let your "child" go out and face the big world without you. . . but in the long run she'll always come home to you, her mom!

Patti said...

You raised a healthy lamb and look how happy she is! I can't wait to read what you will be doing next!

Dreaming said...

Congrats on raising and fledging another lamb!
I was at an art show and saw a print... I immediately thought of you.
It's at http://www.kamikin.com Scroll down below the slide show and the blurb about the artist. I think you'll see what I was talking about!

Mary Ann said...

She is such a beautiful little girl!

T.L. Merrybard said...

LOL! Yep lamb pee at 3am would have done it for me too. :)

LannieK said...

I bet she'd join you on the porch for a margarita anytime :-)
)))hugs(((

Paula said...

Bless your heart.... the "letting go" is tough!! I wish they could stay little lambs forever... *sigh*

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin