https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Whoops

Greetings from the land of computer woes.  I managed to "brick" my desktop computer the other day. We had a feeling that was fixin' to happen so had just purchased a new laptop - not set up yet.  I could bore you with all sorts of software issues and choices and how the heck do I get this to work, but I won't.  Instead, I'll share a Liddy woe.  Much cuter!

I got so far behind this spring that I never shared any pictures from shearing at Kathy's.  It went fine. The weather was nice.  We had good help.  Kate worked in the pens.  There was a movie crew there and a reporter from the Lexington newspaper.  Interesting stuff.  I think I got some fun pictures. What can I say...it was a long, kind of tough spring.

I'd been thinking about doing a run of yarn from those ewes.  Those ewes that I've helped take care of for several years now.  Many I recognize as they come through the shearing chute or deliver their lambs.  Some are lambs I've played with and photographed who are now mommas themselves.  I would enjoy yarn from them as much as from our flock.  Karen and I brought home a big bag of wool.

Flash forward about three months and I'm finally getting a chance to sort through the fleeces...and one of those ewes' lambs has just discovered the wool bag jungle gym.  She jumped on and off, pawed the bag, grabbed wool from the holes, would lay down, jump back up, jump around some more...




And then the inevitable happened ;-).


"Uh oh..."




"I meant to do that!" 


20 comments:

DianeOart said...

LOL she makes me think of "The princess and the pea"

Alice said...

She's got a little padding on her. Hope only her pride was scraped a little.

Michelle said...

Quite the acrobat! lol

Unknown said...

Good thing she has a chubby bottom to land on. She is going to be a big girl. Into the barn soon?

Tombstone Livestock said...

That's a lot of wool! Liddy is getting to be such a cute butterball, of course she is going to play with all that wool if you give her a chance, she thinks she might find one of her friends in there.

Shirley said...

Hilarious! She is getting a little *ahem* portly... looks good on her!

Unknown said...

Best play toy EVER!

Alice said...

Reminds me of a parody of a children's storybook with the refrain that goes," one little monkey (sheepie) jumping on the bed. She fell off and bumped her head. Momma called the doctor and the doctor said ,"No more monkeys (sheepies) jumping on the
bed !"

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh my she is too cute...I am wondering when you will be sleeping on the cot in the barn...I bet she sleeps with you:)

MarmePurl said...

What fun captures.

karen said...

oh my. That must have been fun to watch and capture!!

Cheryl West said...

A very good "recovery" after falling off her wooly bed. Glad you were there with your camera.

LannieK said...

Great capture! Silly Liddy :-)

Ruth said...

*chews cud* "Yeah, I'm cool." Oh, Liddy, you're hilarious! :)

Susan said...

very funny.......only a baby could pull that off and not get hurt! And go back for more Hahaha..Not quite the lap sheep now is she?

Michelle said...

Too cute!

Tyche's Minder said...

lol

Pam said...

I'm holding up my judges sign with a "10". Good recovery! Can I print out this series for my bulletin board?

Lisa Smith said...

Oh dear......that second to last shot is priceless! :-)

sophy0075 said...

*What* an expression! You are a great photographer to have captured that! That photo *definitely* has to be in a calendar!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin