https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Yarn Along...But Mostly Lavender...And A Little Liddy

I've been wanting to take some pictures of the lavender garden and needed a Yarn Along shot so decided to try to combine the two.  


The shawl is coming along nicely, but is big enough now that there's no way to really spread it out to see.  I'm almost finished with Clue 3 (some marathon knitting over the last couple of days while Tim is having some work done up at the barn) and today is the big reveal for Clue 4, which I think will be the edging.  Can't wait!

I switched to the medium gray...and wish I'd had enough of the white to do the whole thing in one solid, boring, oh so predictably me color.  I was a bit afraid of that, but I'm "knitting on with confidence" because I do like both grays and I'm thinking hoping that when I add in the third gray it's going to miraculously all come together.  





The bees are light this year :-/.  Stella and I are talking about setting up a hive "down in the valley" where maybe they'd be (a little) more protected from pesticides and other farm chemicals than they maybe are "up on the hill".  


My loyal gardening companions.

Books this week...I've been on a big Bill Bryson kick lately.  He does such a fun job reading his stories and I've listened to The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid and am re-listening to A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail.  Both are classics for sure and quite knittable :-D.

Joining in with Ginny...


12 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh a hive in the valley would be wonderful. I know our bees are almost all gone. Sad so sad. Lovely lavender and well your knitting superb as always. Hug B

karen said...

gorgeous shawl knitting and how I wish I had heather....ours was killed by the severe winter this past season!

Far Side of Fifty said...

From what I can see it is a lovely shawl...and your Lavender is so beautiful. Kate is near Liddy they must be great friends...or else Kate is in charge of Liddy. I think the bees are in trouble all over:(

Unknown said...

Your shawl is beautiful as well as your crop of lavender. Liddy is really looking plump!!

jo(e) said...

LOVE that lavender garden. I can almost smell it!

And I'm a big fan of Bill Bryson. I think I've read just about everything he's written.

sophy0075 said...

Lovely knitting (I have the same fears when I do more than one color), lovely lavender - what variety? Bill Bryson is a hoot! I can't open A Walk in the Woods without Giggling. His A Short History of Nearly Everything" and book (name of which escapes me) about the history of the rooms of the home are educational but still entertaining, as is his book about the 1920s. Also good - In a Sunburnt Country, I'm a Stranger Here Myself - heck, I like everything he writes.

LannieK said...

Your lavender is so beautiful. Goes perfectly with your shawl.

elizabeth said...

that shawl is looking lovely!! :)))) and all the lavendar, how nice!

Terry and Linda said...

I love your lavender!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

Susan said...

The shawl is going to be fantastic with the lighter grey. And I have also read everything Bill Bryson has written and that will keep you happy for a few min at least :) Smell the lavender and breathe......actually I am saying that to my own bad self as I am freaking out re this puppy. 12 hour road trip and trying to put all and sundry away and up high........hahaha

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your shawl all finished! I love what you are doing with the colors. And thank you for the lavender pictures. I love lavender! Just planted some here a couple of weeks ago and hoping it will do well. :)

lacyjoy said...

So I immediately went and bought the Bill Bryson book after reading this blog, and I have really enjoyed! Great book to listen to. However, I have found myself wishing that he spent more time telling about how he enjoyed the trail rather than complaining! He talks a lot about the crappy little towns he finds himself in and how the Ranger Services have failed...*sigh*.
I still like it, though! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin