https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, January 6, 2017

Speaking Of The Christmas Card - Updated

On the last day of Christmas...

I love, love, love to get comments on my blog posts.  Especially comments with questions.  And even comments questioning missing characters on the Christmas cards.  

From Cheryl... "I have to ask, where is Eli?"   Eli is sleeping winter away in his heated cat condo.  He would not be caught dead out playing in the snow ;-).

From Lorraine..."Did I miss PPPP?"  Um, (gulp) no...I missed PPPP :-o.  How could I leave out PPPP???? For crying out loud, she's one of my very favorite sheep and is even one of the "oldies" coming out to eat twice a day, the inspiration for the design!

I was sick about this.  Eli...I purposely left him out when I was getting too many characters on there. PPPP?  She had to be on there.  This may sound crazy, but the card was ruined to me without her on there.  


So now she is!  I tucked her in next to Keebs :-).

I haven't decided what to do with the first group of cards Tim has already printed for sale.  I hate the thought of sending my [albeit not quite complete] family to the recycle bin.  Probably no one but me (and Lorraine ;-) would even notice they were slightly different.  Do I leave them in circulation?  Make it a game to see where they end up?  

And while we are talking about it, Tim printed extra calendars to make sure there were plenty of Comby and Betsy calendars to go around.  We only have a few Lamb Camp calendars left, but there is a good stack of Farm Calendars left over (!).  Would anyone be upset if I put them on sale to try to find them homes?  


Meanwhile, out in the cold snow...Comby says "No pain, no gain, Eli!"

I will give Eli some credit.  I'm getting ready to head out to the barn to check on everyone and throw out some more hay before I go to bed.  Eli will make the trek out with me.  Or at least I think he will. It's going down to 4 tonight.  Wonder if he'll bail?  I doubt it.  He goes with me every night.

Updated:  he bailed ;-D.  It is pretty dang cold.  Sheep are all fine and Hank was sleeping in his condo inside the barn.  'Night all!

Second update:  he bailed last night, too.  I guess he's just a fair weather friend ;-).  He did crawl out of the condo to welcome me home though.  Probably does feel a bit bad about leaving me high and dry.  At least I have a good Border Collie who would NEVER let me walk out to the barn by myself.

We are going from 4 last night back to near 60 in a couple days.  Again.  This is getting old, frankly.


10 comments:

T.L. Merrybard said...

I think Cheryl should definitely get one with PPPP in it, as reward for her spot-on spotting. :D

sophy0075 said...

Colby sure looks like he's been "gaining". Or perhaps that's just fur? Or the angle of the shot?

Don't let him see the photo, or he'll demand a do-over ;). Then again, with all that snow, I'd curl into a round
fluffy ball too. (Have you thought of knitting Eli a sweater? 😄

Cheryl West said...

To be fair I forgot about Claire Bear. I hope you all stay cozy and warm while it is so cold. Our forecast is for 4-8 inches of snow today with the coastal storm.
I have my farm calendar and you should put the rest on sale so they find a good home. I think the first batch of cards should still be for sale. It would be a shame to waste any of your work.

Terry and Linda said...

-7* here and only warmed up to -2* as I write this.

Linda

Lisa Smith said...

Oh, this photo is Comby is wonderful! I love it so much! He definitely looks "braced for the cold". . . and the color of his fur looks amazing in contrast to the rest of the photo. He deserves the "Most Photogenic Cat" award, in my humble opinion!

I agree with Cheryl; it would be a shame to waste any of your work. I wouldn't send anything to recycling!

Lori Skoog said...

I would love to order a farm calendar!

Portia said...

You could always charge more for the original card--It's ae collector's item! Like that upside down airplane stamp.

KC said...

I also agree with Cheryl.
I love my farm calendar and gave the Lamb Camp calendar to my 95 year old Aunt. She received it with tears in her eyes because it brought back memories of bottle feeding lambs on her Dad's farm.
Thank you so much.

thecrazysheeplady said...

You know, seems like used to be everyone raised at least a few sheep. I love to talk to that generation about it. They have great stories to share :-).

thecrazysheeplady said...

On the way!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin