https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Not A Saint But Close


Here is a video from this evening.  The Sheep Chicken was already on Clover Belly's back and Clover Belly was already positioned over by the ledge when I saw them and started the camera.  Petunia comes over to help and then Ewen McTeagle.  Petunia leaves for a few seconds to go yell at June, who you can see calmly walking through not deserving anyone stamping their foot at them, Petunia!

The chicken knows Clover Belly is too short, which is why she moved to Ewen, but Ewen wouldn't move over to the ledge so she finally gave up and used Petunia, who'd come back to help, to get back to Clover Belly and she makes the jump...which was an "epic fail".  She then jumped back up on Rebecca Boone, who is only marginally taller, and I picked her up and set her on the ledge.


The black and white hen, most famous for sitting in the Wool House with me and Tilly this summer, has also decided she wants to sleep on the ledge, but she's an ungrateful guest and picks on The Sheep Chicken if you try to set them both up there.  That's not fair so we built her her own private shelf.


Speaking of sheep yelling at June for no reason, that's why Clover Belly is Not Quite A Saint.  I have no idea why she hates her so much, but she's given June some charges that are very ungrateful.  I'm not sure what to do about that.  I keep hoping they'll work out a truce, but Clover Belly has her buffaloed and June doesn't have Kate's "I give you permission to punch that bad sheep back" button.

Sheep... 

Chickens...

I could also add a story about the stupid corgi, but it's late...

Aren't you looking forward to spending the afternoon with everyone this Saturday?  ;-).


19 comments:

Juliana said...

One of my cats was on the computer table when I clicked to watch your chicken/sheep video. Lola (my cat) heard the black and white chicken talking, and Lola never took her eyes off the screen again until the video ended. Thank you for the fun--for me and for Lola!

Olive said...

Sheep chicken it is.. keep posting

Benita said...

I always forget how tall Ewen is until I see him next to another sheep. With those long legs, he should have been a race sheep. ;)

Cheryl West said...

I often wonder about communication among animals. Your sheep are incredibly patient in trying to help the chickens.
The black and white chicken must think the shelf is the "in place" to roost now.
I wish I could visit for hugging sheep but will be there in spirit.

karen said...

I think I've seen it all now!! How crazy is that video, and how wonderful you were there to capture the event. I guess they like each other enough :)

Marilyn F. said...

Oh, what a funny chicken!! And you caught it on camera - with sound!! A great good morning wakeup laugh. Thank you.

Marsha said...

That was incredible, jumping fron sheep to taller sheep then........oh well. Sweet sheep.

Terry and Linda said...

I WISH I COULD! OH! HOW I WISH I COULD!!! HAVE TONS OF FUN TODAY!

Linda said...

Petunias bell has such a sweet sound!

Judy said...

Haha, that's a great video! Thanks for sharing it with us. Making a separate shelf is a great idea, that way they have their own space and a place to keep an eye on everyone!

sophy0075 said...

Poor old bird. I'm glad she has so many sheep (and shepherd) to help her.

You know, there's an amazingly sweet children's book in there, with some wonderful messages for elementary school-aged children to learn. I happen to know an illustrator who's very good at drawing sheep and chickens too....;)

Michelle said...

I loved watching the sheep look at the chicken; seems quite clear they know what she's doing and are waiting to assist.

Kim said...

The sheep clearly are fluent in Chicken. At least fluent enough to understand "TALLER Sheep, please" , but not "closer to the LEDGE!- but then maybe The Sheep Chicken wasn't clucking that.

One of these days I am going to find you at the sheep and wool festival or your Hug a Sheep days.

Kim said...

P.S. It absolutely cracks me up how Petunia kicks her skinny leg at June as if to say SHOO!!

Michelle said...

You have some sweet, and patient, sheep!

Anonymous said...

So funny. I do not think our chickens use the sheep to get to their roosts.

Shirley said...

You're spoiling those chickens! But it's kinda cute.
Maybe June should call in Kate for back up on Clover Belly.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your sheeps are in tune with that Chicken, fun to see the video! :)

Lisa Smith said...

This is delightful to watch! Thank you for sharing the "back story" that accompanied the amusing behavior! I love how much cooperation exists between them.❤

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin